Well the diet isn't going so hot for me. I am completely addicted to sugar and I can't get away from it. Literally I think about it when it's not in the house and have to really fight not to go get some. And I haven't been wining this last week. This is a really tough time of year. All my favorite treats are out and I really want them!
I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere over the past month! I had to make myself use my exercise bike today and I haven't used it since February! I keep thinking I should get the weight loss surgery. But it scares me. I have two friends that have had it and they are not doing so well. One is not getting enough vitamins and nutrients, even with supplements and she has lost all her teeth! The other was in the hospital for over two months do to complications and she still isn't doing well over a year later.
Someone I've known for about two years said about a year and a half ago he realized he had a sugar addition. He used to think about sugary foods, find ways to get them when it was inconvenient and ate them just because they were there. And I thought "that sounds familiar." It took him months to really get over it. Then he realized that he wasn't enjoying the food he was eating, because he was thinking about second helpings. Thinking about whether or not he would get some more, thinking their are four of us and only three helpings left. Who's not getting another slice? I realized I do that too. He wasn't enjoying what he had. He had no contentment because he was worried about what he wasn't going to get. Me, too.
I guess it's all about changing your way of thinking about food. I'm working on that too. I've been trying to choose three things to concentrate on. Three things to really get right. The first is breaking my addition to sugar. God that's hard! The second exercise. I've got the tools, now I've got to use them. The third find contentment in what I have before me. I need to learn to enjoy what I am eating and be content with one serving not two or three. I also am trying to look at my success on a weekly level. Everyone has a bad day now and then. I shouldn't throw away a week's worth of good habits because of one day's mistakes or weakness.
I know this is going to take a long time to reach my goal but some days are tougher than others.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment