Saturday, December 15, 2007

About me

I'm Lucy. HI, nice to meet you! I've been keeping a journal for years and always thought people would find out about the real me after I died. Until I discovered Blogging. Now, it doesn't matter if anyone reads this but at least I now have an outlet and maybe someone will want to hear what I think.

Who am I? Well a lot of things. I'm in my mid thirties, a single parent, overweight, overworked and underpaid. I believe in God and go to church. I'm a sister, a daughter and a granddaughter.
I am fiercely loyal to those I care about and I am a good judge of character. I'm not a pushover and I will not sit back and put up with bull@*&%. However, I am diplomatic and don't try to start problems. I want peace to reign over my life and those around me.

My children are the driving force of my life. I have two;John is eighteen and Katie is sixteen. My decisions are ultimately based on how something will affect them. My children's friends all love to hang at our house (my kids love that) and most of them call me mom (I like that). Most adults I know find kids annoying. Especially teens, but I love having them around. Most of them don't have anyone to talk to about their problems. And the people who do talk to them give them the "right" answers, not the real answers. That's what I do, I give them real answers with the understanding that I won't tell anyone what is said unless someone is in real trouble.

If you know basic math you can tell I was a teen mom. I got married right after high school graduation and had a baby six and a half months later. A word of advice, never leave you teens home alone while you go on vacation. Even the most responsible teenager will consider having a party and possibly make life altering decisions while under the influence of alcohol.

I was married to my ex for seven years. The last four of which he cheated on me, lost his well paying job, sat on his butt for months, and eventually when back to work as a short order cook at a local college making minimum wage and no tips. Shortly thereafter he left me for a woman my mother referred to as The Neck. Her neck had to be at least twenty inches around. But as the ex said "I'm not with her cause of the way she looks. She's a good person." This good neck wrote me a letter and told me everything about their relationship, including dates and that I should move on with my life. Can we say stupid! The letter should have gotten me everything I wanted in the divorce. But he didn't have anything anymore. Because he was a short order cook with mounds of unpaid bills, all in his name. So instead I opted for custody of the kids and for him to take full responsibility for our financial woes. Hallelujah, the bills are now his problem! I really don't know if he ever paid those bills back in full.

That was all years ago and I try to leave it there. I survived, but that's another blog.

No comments: